Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Need help with ippiwinHamming_32f_C1IR

jothi-92
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to use Hamming window functions in my program before applying FFT on images. There are two image processing functions for Hamming: ippiWinHamming_32f_C1IR and ippiWinHammingSep_32f_C1IR. I do not know which one should I use.

Can someone tell me whats the difference between those two hamming ippi functions? What effect will be there if I choose ippiWinHamming_32f_C1IR over ippiWinHammingSep_32f_C1IR  on FFT?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Adriaan_van_Os
New Contributor I

A Hamming windows is a one-dimensional linear function. So, the question is how to create a two-dimensional Hamming window, to apply on images. The IPP Reference Manual answers that question for ippiWinHammingSep:

The ippiWinHammingSep flavor applies the window function successively to the rows and then to the columns of the image

but it doesn't say what ippiWinHamming does. I am curious to know the answer too.

By the way, what works best, better than Hamming windows in my experience, are Blackman window functions. In IPP, Blackman window functions are available as signal processing function only

ippsWinBlackman

For the mathematics behind it, see http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.403.9340&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Regards,

Adriaan van Os

0 Kudos
jothi-92
Beginner

Can anyone let me know the mathematics behind ippiWinHamming_32f_C1IR?

0 Kudos