Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

New requirement on svml_disp.lib?

pvonkaenel
New Contributor III

I'm working on upgrading from IPP 8.1 upd1 to 8.2, and it looks like there is a new dependency on the svml_disp.lib library.  Note that I'm linking against the 64-bit static sequential libraries under Windows.  What is this new dependency?

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III

Looks like there's also a dependency on libirc.lib.  I could have sworn this was a problem which was fixed in a previous IPP release.

Peter

0 Kudos
Igor_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Using of /NODEFAULTLIB linker option will solve the problem.

regards, Igor

0 Kudos
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Using /NODEFAULTLIB leaves me with many undefined symbols during linking.  Considering I did not need these two libraries when using IPP 8.1, do you have any idea what changed?  Can this requirement be fixed at the IPP level?

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
Pavel_B_Intel1
Employee

Hi Peter,

yes we will fix the issue in the next IPP versions. And yes - /NODEFAULTLIB requires you to poin all necessary libraries in your linking string. If you have Intel Compiler you can link svml_dispmt.lib or svml_disp.lib library from the compiler "/lib" folder instead of using /NODEFAULTLIB option. If you don't have Intel Compiler I can only recommend you to create empty svml_dispmt.lib or svml_disp.lib library and link it.

Pavel

0 Kudos
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III

Yes, I have the Intel compiler and am using svml_disp.lib and libirc.lib from there, I was just worried about new dependencies.  Glad to hear that the next version will remove this dependency.

Peter

0 Kudos