Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Community support and discussions relating to developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
Announcements
Intel Customer Support will be observing the Martin Luther King holiday on Monday, Jan. 17, and will return on Tues. Jan. 18.
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646

New requirement on svml_disp.lib?

pvonkaenel
New Contributor III

I'm working on upgrading from IPP 8.1 upd1 to 8.2, and it looks like there is a new dependency on the svml_disp.lib library.  Note that I'm linking against the 64-bit static sequential libraries under Windows.  What is this new dependency?

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III

Looks like there's also a dependency on libirc.lib.  I could have sworn this was a problem which was fixed in a previous IPP release.

Peter

Igor_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Using of /NODEFAULTLIB linker option will solve the problem.

regards, Igor

pvonkaenel
New Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Using /NODEFAULTLIB leaves me with many undefined symbols during linking.  Considering I did not need these two libraries when using IPP 8.1, do you have any idea what changed?  Can this requirement be fixed at the IPP level?

Thanks,

Peter

Pavel_B_Intel1
Employee

Hi Peter,

yes we will fix the issue in the next IPP versions. And yes - /NODEFAULTLIB requires you to poin all necessary libraries in your linking string. If you have Intel Compiler you can link svml_dispmt.lib or svml_disp.lib library from the compiler "/lib" folder instead of using /NODEFAULTLIB option. If you don't have Intel Compiler I can only recommend you to create empty svml_dispmt.lib or svml_disp.lib library and link it.

Pavel

pvonkaenel
New Contributor III

Yes, I have the Intel compiler and am using svml_disp.lib and libirc.lib from there, I was just worried about new dependencies.  Glad to hear that the next version will remove this dependency.

Peter