Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

NewBie q: What happened to BigNumber?

Jayant_S_Intel
Employee

I am a newbie so chances are am overlooking things.

So I installed the IPP library as I wanted to do so some big number arithmetic. The "Cryptography for Intel IPP Reference Manual" that came with it lists the BigNumber class.

However I dont see any header files having any declaration/mention of it anywhere within the install folder. I dbl-checked the install to see if I had missed speciyfing any options during install time which could have installed it but nope. Neither do it I see any samples for it...

Where can I find it? what am I missing?

thx,

Jayant

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Do you mean BigDecimal Floating-Point type ( and libraty )? If Yes, take a look at: Article: Intel Decimal Floating-Point Math Library Web-link: software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-decimal-floating-point-math-library
0 Kudos
Igor_A_Intel
Employee

Do you have ippCP library/headers installed?

Regards, Igor

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Do you have ippCP library/headers installed? What is it? I checked a 32-bit version ( 7.0.205 ) of IPP installed on my Windows XP and I don't see any ippCP headers.
0 Kudos
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee

Hi,

AFAIK, IPPCP is distributed separately of main IPP package. Never knew how, but look here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/download-ipp-cryptography-libraries

Regards,
Sergey 

0 Kudos
Jayant_S_Intel
Employee

No I was looking for big (integral) number arithmetic support. However after reading the manual carefully, realized one needs to copy/paste the provided BigNumber class and use/extend it - meaning it does not come already as part of the IPP libraries. Though the underlying ipp primitives dont have exponentiation support which I was interested in. Will need to implement it myselves.

You are right - I dont have the IPPCP and did not know it came separately. thanks

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...IPPCP is distributed separately of main IPP package. Never knew how, but look >>here: software.intel.com/en-us/articles/download-ipp-cryptography-libraries Thanks, Sergey.
0 Kudos