Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

No dlls found in the waterfall model

venkatramani__divaka

Hello,

SDK: Visual studio 2017

IPP version: 7.0

Mode: Debug

Processor: XEON E5 2650 V2

Problem statement: When launching the application in Debug mode, I am seeing "No DLLs were found in the waterfall procedure" (Error at loading of ippIP library) error message on my screen. (NOTE: The same problem is not seen when the application is launched in 'Release' mode). I understand that IPP 7.0 is a very old version and we should rather upgrade the older IPP to latest IPP 2018. I would like to know, why loading DLL is not problematic in Release mode, but problematic in Debug mode? How to resolve the same?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jing_Xu
Employee

Please refer to https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-integrated-performance-primitives-intel-ipp-for-windows-run-ippidemoexe-or-ippsdemoexe-with-error-message

Build options are different in Debug mode and Release mode. Please upgrade to 2018 to check the issue solves or not.

0 Kudos
venkatramani__divaka
Hi Jing, After upgrading to 2018, I am now getting "No DLLs were found in the waterfall procedure" (Error at loading of ippSP library). Earlier, I got it for ippIP library. sp dispatcher: ipps.dll machine's architecture code : e9 processor-specific library: ippse9.dll (this library is present) Apart from this, ippsg9.dll, ippsl9.dll, ippsh9.dll, ippsk0.dll,ippsm7.dll are also present. Before upgrading, with IPP7.0, ippSP dispatcher was loading the right processor-specific dll [ippse9-7.0]. But after upgrade to 2018, ippSP fails to identify processor-specific library despite it being present.
0 Kudos
Jing_Xu
Employee

Could you add the following code snippet in the head of your code to check detailed version information of IPP that you are using?

const IppLibraryVersion* lib; 
    lib = ippsGetLibVersion(); 

printf("major = %d\n",lib->major);
printf("minor = %d\n",lib->minor);
printf("majorBuild = %d\n",lib->majorBuild);
printf("build = %d\n",lib->build);
printf("targetCpu = %c%c%c%c\n",lib->targetCpu[0],lib->targetCpu[1],lib->targetCpu[2],lib->targetCpu[3]);
printf("Name = %s\n", lib->Name);
printf("Version = %s\n", lib->Version);
printf("BuildDate = %s\n", lib->BuildDate);
0 Kudos
Pavel_B_Intel1
Employee

Hello venkatramani, divakar

could you also provide folders/files structure: where application is located, where IPP libraries are located.

Pavel

0 Kudos