Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Problem building IPP 7.0 samples on windows

vucetica
Beginner
I have a problem building IPP 7.0 samples on Windows 7. When I run buildall.bat from ipp-samples/tools directory with buildall.bat ia32 "cl9" I get the following link error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'kernel32.lib'
when it tries to build samplecpuinfo
For next project (ippsdrv) I get:
'rc.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command
Anyway, I get various errors...it looks like that it is not aware that platform sdk and/or visual studio is installed (though it finds compiler and it looks that compiles just fine).
How can I resolve this issue? Thanks.
Aleksandar
0 Kudos
1 Reply
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Hello Aleksandar,

If you don't specify the compiler, just issue "buildall.bat" from the command line, does it build successfully? The sample build files will attempt to locate the most recent compilers on your system, Intel compilers first, Microsoft compilers second.

Also, do the individual build scripts work, if you simply attempt to build one of the samples and not the entire batch? Some of them require additional components be present on your system, so not every sample will build properly from the buildall script. It's usually easier to work with one sample than to try and build everything.

Paul
0 Kudos