I am executing a C++ code implemented using IPP,for compression and decompression of jp2k file format. While executing code on linux CPU usage is 100% but same is 50% on Windows.
Can any body tell me why is it so and how to reduce it on Linux platform?
thanx in advance...
well, let's go deeper in the details.
- What version of IPP do you use?
- What is your linkage model on Windows (DLL? static libraries?). Is that the same on Linux?
- Do you use IPP sample or it is your modified code? Is it the same between Windows and Linux?
- What compiler do you use (Intel? Microsoft/gcc?)
- What is your hardware platform on Windows? What about Linux?
-IPP version is 5.3.068
-linkage on windows is static
on linux linkage model is .so ,shared object.
-IPP sample with modified files. Change in the code is on windows I used syswin.cpp and for linux I uswd syslin.cpp file given in the sample.
-windows VC++ compiler and on Linux gcc compiler.
-hardware platform is same on windows and linux.