Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Removed/changed functions in IPP 9

Mark_L_5
Beginner

I am trying to build an application against IPP 9 that was last built with IPP 7. As expected, there are many functions missing, but the majority are provided in the legacy package available with IPP 9. However, I am left with a relatively small set that are not in the legacy package and have either been removed since 7 or had their signatures changed. I presume that the legacy package just fills the gap between 8 and 9 (?).

Ideally, I don't want to change any code, so is it practical to build with the latest Intel System Studio but replace IPP 9 with 7? I presume I would need to manipulate the enviroment created by the compilervars scripts (LIBRARY_PATH etc.).

Thanks.

Missing/changed functions:

ippiLUT_16s_C1R (argument list changed)
ippiLUT_32f_C1R (argument list changed)
ippiLUT_8u_C1R (argument list changed)

ippiFFTInitAlloc_R_32f
ippiFFTFree_R_32f

ippiResize_16u_C1R
ippiResize_16u_C3R
ippiResize_32f_C1R
ippiResize_32f_C3R
ippiResize_8u_C1R
ippiResize_8u_C3R
ippiResizeCenter_16u_C1R
ippiResizeCenter_16u_C3R
ippiResizeCenter_32f_C1R
ippiResizeCenter_32f_C3R
ippiResizeCenter_8u_C1R
ippiResizeCenter_8u_C3R
ippiResizeShift_16u_C1R
ippiResizeShift_16u_C3R
ippiResizeShift_32f_C1R
ippiResizeShift_32f_C3R
ippiResizeShift_8u_C1R
ippiResizeShift_8u_C3R

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mark_L_5
Beginner

BTW, I've since realised that some of those functions were removed in 7, so the application must have been built against 6. The same question applies, though.

0 Kudos
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Mark,

You may try to build the latest Intel System Studio with older IPP, but there might be possibility that OpenMP used in older IPP may not be compatible with the latest System Studio suite, and there could be other incompatibility too. Thanks!

0 Kudos