Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Resync Markers in MPEG4 Encoder

dierssen
Beginner

Hi!

I use the Intel IPP mpeg4 encoder (ipp_media samples)to create videos. This worked well, but when I enabledresync markers, the video frames showed artifacts and Quicktime sometimes exits with a buffer overrun. It seems that the Intra DC and AC Prediction for I-VOP and P-VOP is the cause of the problem, but I cannot see yet where the real problem resides. I have set the VideoPacketLenght to 1024 (it is used for a mobile phone application) and data partitioning is switched off. If someone knows more about this problem, please let me know.

Greetings Werner.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dierssen
Beginner

Hi Nikolay,

I attached my output file. It containsa MPEG-4 Unknown Profile(0), 62.660 secs, 44 kbps, 176x144 @ 14.937759 fps video track and an AMR, 60.100 secs, 13 kbps, 8000 Hz audio track. The strange thing is, that when I switch data partitioning on, the problems are gone. So resync markers AND data partitioningis ok, but resync markers without data partitioning is not. Perhaps there goes something wrong with writing headers to the bitstream? I am pretty new to the codec subject, so it is sometimes a little bit guessing for me...

Greetings Werner.

By the way, I am using the 5.0 IPP samples/library.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
something wrong, there is no attached file
0 Kudos
dierssen
Beginner
Sorry, attached the file (see old message).
0 Kudos
dierssen
Beginner

Thanks a lot!

Your solution worked :).

Greetings Werner.

0 Kudos