Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Run ippiDemo.exe returns error

dzhou_tac
Beginner
Hi,
I just downloaded and installed IPP V6.1. When finished installation, I run ippenv.bat, then tried to run ippiDemo.exe.
It returns error: This application has failed to start because ippCore-6.1.dll was not found. Re-installing ...

Any idea how to run ippiDemo.exe?

thanks,
david.tac
0 Kudos
6 Replies
dzhou_tac
Beginner

It runs now. But I have to copy ippiDemo.exe into DLL directory to run. It seems to me, the ippiDemo is not using Environment Variables to find DLL installation Path. It shall be fixed.

Thanks,
david.tac

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi David,

we did not see such behaviour before. Could you please describe what OS you use, where IPP is installed? Could you also check if path to IPP bin folder was actually added to system PATH environment variable?

Note,variables set by ippenv.bat file are only available in command shell window where ippenv.bat was executed.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
dzhou_tac
Beginner

Hi Vladimir,

My Laptop is HP and running WIndows XP Professional version.

I run the ippenv.bat under dos window. I also manually added IPPROOT into Windows' env variables both under user and under system. IPPRoot is set to C:Program FilesIntelIPP....ia32

I recompiled samples, and generated executable files. I also have to copy exe file into installed BIN directory which contains all DLL files.

Thanks,
David.tac
0 Kudos
dzhou_tac
Beginner

The installation is default:
C:Program FilesIntelIPP6.1.1.035ia32
The IPPRoot is dos Env is set to
C:Program FilesIntelIPP6.1.1.035ia32
C:Program FilesIntelIPP6.1.1.035ia32bin is also added into PATH

When I run Performance test programs under perf dir, I got the missing ippcore-6.1.dll error, too.

What's the problem?

thanks,
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

When you run executable on Windows it will look for DLLs not by IPPROOT variable but by PATH. Could you please check that your system PATH environment variable contains something like C:Program FilesIntelIPP6.1.1.035ia32bin ?

Vladimir
0 Kudos
dzhou_tac
Beginner

When you run executable on Windows it will look for DLLs not by IPPROOT variable but by PATH. Could you please check that your system PATH environment variable contains something like C:Program FilesIntelIPP6.1.1.035ia32bin ?

Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,
As I said in the previous post, I had C:...ia32bin in the system PATH environment added at the end.
I opened a DOS window and type SET, it shows the path in the PATH definition.

Thanks,
david
0 Kudos