Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Runtime Error: "can't find ippsr-6.1dll"

lkeenecaltech_edu
Hello all,

I've just purchased / downloaded / installedthe Intel Compiler Suite Pro after fiddling with the evaluation version. After installing, I opened my project in VC2008, selected the Intel compiler, went to "Project->Intel C++ Compiler Pro -> Select Build Components" and checked "Use IPP" then hit Apply / Okay.

I have specified"#include "ipp.h" in the app.

The Intel compiler itself seems to be working (as I'm getting the vectorizer report in the build window alerting me that my loops are being vectorized) and it compiles the project with no compile/link errors, but when I try to run it I get an error dialog with the following message:

"This application has failed to start because ippsr-6.1.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

What could have gone wrong? Thanks in advance.
-L
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,

It seems you do not have IPP DLLs included into system PATH environment variable.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
lkeenecaltech_edu
Hello,

It seems you do not have IPP DLLs included into system PATH environment variable.

Regards,
Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

I thought checking the "Use IPP" check boxwill makethe necessary changes to the environment variables, no?
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi Vladimir,

I thought checking the "Use IPP" check boxwill makethe necessary changes to the environment variables, no?

"Use IPP" will add IPP "include" path, IPP library path, and IPP library into visisual Studio . It does not affect the system PATH environment.

Thanks,
Chao
0 Kudos