Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

Sample application "umc_speech_rtp_codec" linker error

micton72
Beginner
Hi,
I'm evaluating IPP 7.0.4.196 regarding speech\\audio coding.
I'm trying to compile umc_speech_rtp sample application but in debug win32 I'm getting a lot of linker error:

>------ Build started: Project: umc_speech_rtp_codec, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

1>Linking...

1>ipp_rta.lib(decmsrta_fp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ippsIIRGetStateSize_32f@8 referenced in function _apiMSRTA_FP_Decoder_Alloc

1>speech.lib(encg729fp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ippsIIRGetStateSize_32f@8

1>speech.lib(decg729fp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ippsIIRGetStateSize_32f@8

1>ipp_rta.lib(decmsrta_fp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ippsPostFilterGetStateSize_RTA_32f@4 referenced in function _apiMSRTA_FP_Decoder_Alloc

1>ipp_rta.lib(decmsrta_fp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ippsQMFGetStateSize_RTA_32f@4 referenced in function _apiMSRTA_FP_Decoder_Alloc

1>ipp_rta.lib(encmsrta_fp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ippsQMFGetStateSize_RTA_32f@4

1>ipp_rta.lib(wmspconceal.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ippsQMFGetStateSize_RTA_32f@4

1>ipp_rta.lib(decmsrta_fp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ippsWinHamming_32f_I@8 referenced in function _apiMSRTA_FP_Decoder_Init

1>ipp_rta.lib(wmspjitter.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ippsWinHamming_32f_I@8

1>ipp_rta.lib(decmsrta_fp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ippsSet_32f@12 referenced in function _apiMSRTA_FP_Decoder_Init

1>speech.lib(encg729fp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ippsSet_32f@12

1>ipp_rta.lib(wmspjitter.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ippsSet_32f@12

1>ipp_rta.lib(decmsrta_fp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ippsIIRInit_32f@20 referenced in function _apiMSRTA_FP_Decoder_Init

1>speech.lib(encg729fp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ippsIIRInit_32f@20

1>speech.lib(decg729fp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ippsIIRInit_32f@20

1>speech.lib(vadg729fp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ippsZero_32f@8

1>ipp_rta.lib(utilgainqnt_fp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ippsZero_32f@8

1>speech.lib(encg729fp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ippsZero_32f@8

1>speech.lib(decg729fp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ippsZero_32f@8

1>speech.lib(owng729fp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ippsZero_32f@8

1>ipp_rta.lib(decmsrta_fp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ippsZero_32f@8 referenced in function _apiMSRTA_FP_Decoder_Init

1>ipp_rta.lib(encmsrta_fp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ippsZero_32f@8

In release win32 the linker works ok.
I've defined IPPROOT variable.
What could be the problem ? Whatit's missing ?
Thanks in advance,
Michee

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
interesting..I open umc_speech_rtp_codec.sln and built 32 bit application with debug mode succesfully under VS2005. Please check double the IPPROOT.on my side IPPROOT=C:\APPS\Intel\ComposerXE-2011\ipp
--Gennady
0 Kudos
micton72
Beginner
I checked IPPROOT and it seems ok.
On my side is : C:\Programmi\Intel\ComposerXE-2011\ipp
I try to redownload w_ipp-samples_p_7.0.4.054.zip packet and to recompile with vs2005 umc_speech_rtp_codec sample.
I confirm that in release is ok.
In debug now the error is:

Linking...

ipp_rta.lib(decmsrta_fp.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module

Build log was saved at "file://c:\tmp3\ipp-samples\speech-codecs\_bin\Win32\Debug\umc_speech_rtp_codec_obj\BuildLog.htm"

umc_speech_rtp_codec - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Maybe I'll need a debug version of ipp_rta.lib ?
Or what else ?
Thanks,

Michele

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
..but these are the different problem, right? the original issues like ( unresolved external symbol _ippsIIRGetStateSize ) which you reported are regarding some problems with the pathes on your system.These symbols are resoving in ipps library. The second issue you reported "debugging information corrupt;" looks like the different.We need to check it with this version of examples.My attemps where done with Package ID: w_ipp-samples_p_7.0.3.050 which are distributed in composer xe package (Package ID: w_ccompxe_2011.2.154).
0 Kudos
micton72
Beginner

You're right about the different problem.
Now I've been able to get again the first problem ( multiple linker problem ).
This is the way to get the linker problem :

Starting from the downloaded sample if in vs2005 I get in "Project->Intel C++ Compose XE 2011->Select Build Components. If I :

- Select on Performance Libraries Versions IPP list box "Intel Integrated Perfomance Primitves 7.0.4"
"- Check "Use IPP" on Intel Inegrated Performance Primitives check box

and then I rebuild Debug win32 I get again multiple linker problem ( the ones in the first post ).

Another curious issue : If I restore the original values on "Project->Intel C++ Compose XE 2011->Select Build Components" settings window nothing change on linker results ( I get always first post, multiple linker error ).

Anyway at the end of theese steps the ""debugging information corrupt;" linker seems to disappear .
I get only the first post linker errors.

Could it be a problem of IPP evaluation product ?

Thanks,
Michele

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Michele,

It seems a bug in theproject's settingwith debug mode. The required ipp libraries "ippsc.lib ipps.lib ippcore.lib"haven't been linked to the project.

Would you like to try

Select Project usc_speech_rtp_codec right click -> Properties -> Open the project's Properties Pages
-> click Configuration Properies -> Linker->input -> check the box of additional dependencies
Add

ippsc.lib
ipps.lib
ippcore.lib

thenrebuild the project?

If you check the additional dependenciesunder release mode. You will find the"ippsc.lib ipps.lib ippcore.lib"arethere. So it works without any problem.

Right, "Project->Intel C++ Compose XE 2011->Select Build Components=>Use IPP" settings window do nothing change on linker results.

Asboth IPPROOT and "USE IPP" are for IPPbuild setting. The effect are mostlyoverlapped in IPP Sample.

SoI'd suggest that either to use IPPROOTor use the "Use IPP". But don't use them simultaneously

Thanks
Ying

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Michele,

It seems a bug in theproject's settingwith debug mode. The required ipp libraries "ippsc.lib ipps.lib ippcore.lib"haven't been linked to the project.

Would you like to try

Select Project usc_speech_rtp_codec right click -> Properties -> Open the project's Properties Pages
-> click Configuration Properies -> Linker->input -> check the box of additional dependencies
Add

ippsc.lib
ipps.lib
ippcore.lib

thenrebuild the project?

If you check the additional dependenciesunder release mode. You will find the"ippsc.lib ipps.lib ippcore.lib"arethere. So it works without any problem.

Right, "Project->Intel C++ Compose XE 2011->Select Build Components=>Use IPP" settings window do nothing change on linker results.

Asboth IPPROOT and "USE IPP" are for IPPbuild setting. The effect are mostlyoverlapped in IPP Sample.

SoI'd suggest that either to use IPPROOTor use the "Use IPP". But don't use them simultaneously

Thanks
Ying

0 Kudos
micton72
Beginner
Hi Ying,
you're right about missing lib in debug win32 debug.
I add the missing lib file in additional dependencies but after recompilation it gives me the liker problem in ipp_rta.lib again.
So comparing the debug x64 configuration ( that compiles and links ok ) with the debug win32 I note that:

- in debug x64 the lib file ipp_rta.lib is missing in additional dependencies
- the symbol _USC_MSRTA is not defined in "prepocessor definiton" in debug X64

So if I remove ipp_rta.lib and _USC_MSRTA from debug win32 configuration the linker is ok.
Probably the debug win32 configuration in the sample project is not well configured or corrupted.
The other configurations release win32 , debug x64 and release x64 are ok.
Thanks for the support,
Michele
0 Kudos