Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Sample for umc_video_enc_con

oapopov
Beginner
Hello!
I am experimenting with 'ipp-samples' bundled with IPP 5.3 Update 2 for Linux.
I have created a video file in 3gp format with my Nokia E70 phone. I was able to decode the file into a YUV file with 'simple_player'. The file was recognized by 'simple_player' as a h263 video file with 174x144 (QCIF) resolution.

I was able to encode it into MPEG-2 format using 'umc_video_enc_con' sample app. The resulting mpg file is played correctly in Windows Media Player and other programs.

However, my attempts to convert it into mp4 or 3gp were completely fruitless. The output file was not recognized correctly by Windows Media Player, Apple QuickTime and Nokia Multimedia Player.

Could you, please, provide a sample command line parameters (or a sar file) that allows to generate valid mp4 (MPEG4) and 3gp (H263) video files for 174x144 resolutions?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

In IPP 5.3 audio-video-codecs sample we do not provide support for 3GP container format. Sometime it is possible to decode such files with simple player because similarity with MP4 format. But we do not guarantee splitter will work with any 3GP compliant file.

From the other hand, umc_video_enc_con application can produce only raw video stream on output because it does not use muxer component (for simplicicty reasons). It is intended to demonstarte how to use UMC video encoders.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos