Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Suming the Results of Multiple FIR Filters

gregz7
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I would like to create various random broadband signals. To create a broadband signal, I am using random (white) noise as input to an FIR filter. In practice, I will have many FIR filters with different coefficients (and likely different sampling rates, although they can be set to 44.1 kHz, 44.1 / 2 kHz, 44.1 / 4 kHz, ... etc).

Because I have so many broadbands, performance is an issue. I would like use IPP's FIR filter functionality to achieve this. However, my research on it indicates that I have to make a function call for each filter separately, and this would write the output samples in an array.

In my case, I am not interestedin the individual outputs for each FIR filter. This is because I will be summing all outputs together and make one new signal that contains the sum of all outputs. I am only interested in the sum of all outputs.

What I am concerned about is that writing the output each time in a separate output array for each FIR filter causes an overhead. Is there a way to configure the FIR filter so that it "adds" the output to an existing array as opposed to simply overwriting any existing data? This way, I won't have to do a whole new loop for each FIR filter to copy its output samples to an existing array.

Please note that each FIR filter has a different input array (i.e. different random noise).

Thank you.

Greg

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Greg,

there is comment from our expert

there is no such way. ippsFIR is a primitive function.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos