Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

Transcoder link error when creating a static library

sadedoyin
Beginner
HI guys

I've modified the Transcoder and built it as static library. I've tried to pass it to my C code but I keep getting the error
/home/john/workspace/ipp3g324m/linux/../source/transcoder.cpp:14: undefined reference to `Transcoder::Transcoder()'
/tmp/cc2Cbm6h.o: In function `__tcf_0':
/home/john/workspace/ipp3g324m/linux/../source/transcoder.cpp:14: undefined reference to `Transcoder::~Transcoder()'

I've required include files for the transcoder and the other UMC samples. Could someone please let me know what i've done wrong and what else I may need to change

I've attached the source codes (nothing in them besides creating and instance of the class), Makefile and the error report from the Makefile

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sadedoyin
Beginner
My mistake didnt include the main :p....but now I cant seem to build the object. I've attached the latest Makefile. I keep getting the error
gcc: ipp_trans.o: No such file or directory

Even though i've mentioned it in the makefile any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,

For 'ipptrans.o', I think you need to add '-c' option, if you only want to create the object file, not the application:

ipptrans.o: $(SRCDIR)/transcoder.cpp $(INCDIR)/transcoder_con.h

$(CXX) -c $(CFLAGS2) $(CINCLUDES) $(CDEFINES) $(SRCDIR)/transcoder.cpp

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos