Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

UMC AAC Decoder - Multiple Audio Channels

Bob_Kirnum
Beginner
Is there some way to decode AAC stereo to linear PCM mono? If not, is there some way to determine the number of channels and whaich frame belongs to which channel from the AAC Decoder?

Thanks,
Bob
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vasily_Lipsyuk__Inte

We dont have the way to decode AAC stereo to linear PCM mono,

but there is a possibility to define the number of channels and which frame belongs to which channel.

Regards,

Vasily Lipsyuk

0 Kudos
Bob_Kirnum
Beginner
Thank you for your precise answer. Could you provide a clue or more as to how to define the number of channels and which frame belongs with which channel?
0 Kudos
Bob_Kirnum
Beginner
I managed to change my code from using the dual thread codec to the AAC decoder directly. This gives me acces to the AudioData class which in turn gives me the number of channels and the sample rate for the AAC content. However, I am still not clear how frames and channels are associated. Are there multiple channels in a single frame? Is there a single channel in a single frame? If the former, how does one isolate the channels? If the latter, how does one determine which channel a given frame is associated with?
0 Kudos
Vasily_Lipsyuk__Inte
Frames and channels aren't associated in any way. A single frame can contain multiple channels. Inoutput file channels are mixed and are one after another. If you want to create aoutput file in a linear PCM monomay be better to take anarithmetic mean value on all channels and to write down in a file for example.

0 Kudos