Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6711 Discussions

UMC::AACEncoder: How to get the AudioSpecificConfig

Pascal_Binggeli
Beginner
Hello

I'm trying to integrate the AACEncoder in a DirectShow filter and I would like to generate a valid MP4 file.

I've seen that the sample AAC encoder filter from the Media SDK correctly attach the AudioSpecificConfig info to the mediatype (following the WAVEFORMATEX) and would like to do the same in my filter. But the code source for this filter is not available (...)

Do I need to buy the MPEG-4 standard to correctly build this information or is it available somewhere in UMC ? (I guess I will buy the standard anyway)

Maybethis isrelated to the enc_audio_specific_config method but how to use it ? (There is nowhere in the code an example for it.)

Note that the issue is similar with the H264VideoEncoder, but in this case, the UMC implementation provides GetPicParamSet and GetSeqParamSet to be able to generate the media type correctly.

Thanks for your time,
Pascal
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Pascal_Binggeli
Beginner

A quick update on this topic. I guess I've found the code to generate the AudioSpecificConfig in the codec\mpeg4_mux\src\umc_mp4_mux.cpp file, around the line 422.

Cheers,
Pascal

0 Kudos