Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

UMC MP2/H264 decode information question

pvonkaenel
New Contributor III
Hello,

I have been using the MP2/H264 decoders in the UMC library to perform decoded image analysis. I recently discovered that the UMC::VideoData.m_picStructure element always seems to be set to PS_FRAME even when the video is interlaced. I was under the impression that PS_FRAME should only happen for progressive video, and that interlaced frames would be either PS_TOP_FIELD_FIRST or PS_BOTTOM_FIELD_FIRST. Is this correct? Is there some other way I can determine if the video is interlaced/progressive, and if it is interlaced, which field is first?

Thanks,
Peter
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi Peter,

You are right. This looks a problem for the Codec. No any decoder sets this variables and it holds the initial value always. We tracked this problem for future fix.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III
Quoting - Chao Y (Intel)

Hi Peter,

You are right. This looks a problem for the Codec. No any decoder sets this variables and it holds the initial value always. We tracked this problem for future fix.

Thanks,
Chao

Hi Chao and thanks for the reply,

Is there something I probe short term to determine the progressive/interlace of a bitstream, and if interlaced, which field comes first?

Thanks,
Peter
0 Kudos