Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

USCI - Unified Speech Codec Interface from Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives

Mark_K_4
Beginner

Hello,

We are using USCI - Unified Speech Codec Interface from an old version of IPP (ComposerXE-2011). What is the latest version of IPP or Composer-XE that includes USCI?

Are there lot of USCI related changes from version 2011 to the latest?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Hello Mark!

if you are talking about speech-codec samples, then please have a look at the Composer 2013 SP1 ( contains IPP version 8.0 ).

in the case if you need IPP's speech-codec API - then this is IPP 9.0 legacy package

wbr, Gennady

0 Kudos
Mark_K_4
Beginner

Gennady,

Did the IPP's speech-codec API changed a lot from version 2011 to 2013 SP1? or IPP 9.0 legacy package?

I mean, if there are not worth changes we can stay in our current 2011 version unless your advise is to  move to IPP 9.0 legacy package because changes on speech-codec API are worth it. That case I appreciate very much if you can tell what kind of changes were done.

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

9.0 legacy contains only IPP API for speech codecs functions. These are the same across all versions of IPP.

wrt to speech-codec samples - I am not sure on 100% but I think the differences are negligible. 

thanks, Gennady

0 Kudos