Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Community support and discussions relating to developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Unable to uninstall/install ipp

transcoding
Beginner
Hello guys,

I wanna uninstall ipp 6.0 and reinstall ipp 5.3 under linux centos 5.3. I'm not able to uninstall ipp 6.0 and I'm getting this error:
ERROR: ERROR: Unable to find rpm tool, please add its location to your PATH and restart uninstallation

Also, I'm not able to install ipp5.3 and I'm getting the same error
ERROR: ERROR: Unable to find rpm tool, please add its location to your PATH and restart installation

Do you have any idea please?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nikolay_L_Intel
Employee
Hello,

This is known issue, we fixed it in ipp6.1, but unfortunately it is sltill in ipp5.3/6.0

The workarounds:
1) to uninstall ipp6.0
a) please find an installed rpm names and select a proper one based on version:
#> rpm -qa | grep ipp
b) manually remove it with RPM tool:
#> rpm -e --nodeps

2) to install ipp5.3
please start installer with --nonrpm command line key
#> /install/install --nonrpm

BTW, you do not necessary need to remove 6.0 before installing 5.3. Both versions can coexist each other.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

Thank you,
- Nikolay
transcoding
Beginner
Hello,

This is known issue, we fixed it in ipp6.1, but unfortunately it is sltill in ipp5.3/6.0

The workarounds:
1) to uninstall ipp6.0
a) please find an installed rpm names and select a proper one based on version:
#> rpm -qa | grep ipp
b) manually remove it with RPM tool:
#> rpm -e --nodeps

2) to install ipp5.3
please start installer with --nonrpm command line key
#> /install/install --nonrpm

BTW, you do not necessary need to remove 6.0 before installing 5.3. Both versions can coexist each other.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

Thank you,
- Nikolay

Hello,

Thank you Nikolay for you help ;-)
I know that I both versions can coexist, but I had some troubles with the version 6.
I uninstalled the v6 and reinstalled the v5.3. I don't think that the problem is due to IPP, I think it's more related to CentOS.

Solved ;-)