Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6712 Discussions

Undocumented return value from ippiDecodeHuffmanRow_JPEG_1u16s_C1P4

vepro_hoffmann
Beginner

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the status returned by ippiDecodeHuffmanRow_JPEG_1u16s_C1P4.

I get ippStsJPEGDCTRangeErr as returned status and I'm not sure what I should make of it.

I want to decompress JPEG lossless and there is no DCT as far as I know.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,
you are right, the name of returned status is not that appropriate in this case. Basically that may indicate that huffman tables you are using are not correspond to the data encoded. For example, using baseline standard huffman tables in attempt to decode 16-bit lossless data may cause that error.
Regards,
Vladimir

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,
you are right, the name of returned status is not that appropriate in this case. Basically that may indicate that huffman tables you are using are not correspond to the data encoded. For example, using baseline standard huffman tables in attempt to decode 16-bit lossless data may cause that error.
Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
mingzhong_yu
Beginner
Hello,

I have the same problem when using uic to decodeimages from theDDSM project. Could you tell me whether you've solved the problem or not? And how?

By the way, I'm using IPP 6.0.0.062.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
mingzhong_yu
Beginner
Hello, Vladimir

Could you give me some ideas on how to solve the problem? The images are 16-bitimages with the extension .ljpeg.

The programreport errorin functioncall ReadImageJPEG -> DecodeScanLosslessIN -> DecodeHuffmanMCURowLS -> ippiDecodeHuffmanRow_JPEG_1u16s_C1P4.

There are 4 images in the case,the programis ok with three images, but failwith one.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,

regardless of the status name (which was not defined quite well) it indicates about some issues in encoded bitstream. In case of lossy DCT based compression it tell that either quantized DCT coefficients exceed allowed range or huffman tables contain illegal entries. In case of lossless compression (what seems to be your case) it indicate issues with huffman tables. Could you please attach problem file here so we can look into it more carefully?

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
mingzhong_yu
Beginner
Hello, all

I found the reason, which is the file error caused during network transfer.

The program runs smoothly when I download the images again from the ftp.

Thanks all the same.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Thanks for updating us. That is what status codes stand for - to indicate error conditions.

Vladimir
0 Kudos