Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Unexpected Error for ippiFloodFill_Range4Con_8u_C1IR

Bock__Thomas
Beginner

Hello,

I'm using the function  ippiFloodFill_Range4Con_8u_C1IR like in the example code below and the function returns -5 for status. This value is not in the documentation as return value  and I don't understand why any argument should be bad?

Can anybody help me?

Thank you!

#define ippStsBadArgErr -5 /* Incorrect arg/param of the function. */

IppStatus status;

Ipp8u buffer [] = {

0, 0, 0, 0, 0,

0, 128, 128, 128, 0,

0, 128, 127, 128, 0,

0, 128, 128, 128, 0,

0, 0, 0, 0, 0

};

int nBufSize(0);

status = ippiFloodFillGetSize_Grad(IppiSize{ 5,5 }, &nBufSize);

Ipp8u* tmpBuffer;

tmpBuffer = ippsMalloc_8u(nBufSize);

IppiConnectedComp region;

status = ippiFloodFill_Range4Con_8u_C1IR(buffer, 5, IppiSize{ 5,5 }, { 2, 2 }, 170, 43, 43, &region, tmpBuffer);

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

#define ippStsBadArgErr                     -5 /* Incorrect arg/param of the function. */

therefore, please check if all input parameters are correct.

regarding documentation - we will add this return values for this function.

0 Kudos
Bock__Thomas
Beginner

Hi,

I've found that everytime the newVal is between [seed value - minDelta; seed value + maxDelta] status - 5 is returned. Why this is not allowed? The topic isn't really new, I found that it was discussed in 2013, but without any result...

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-integrated-performance-primitives/topic/429856

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-integrated-performance-primitives/topic/429856

0 Kudos
Pavel_B_Intel1
Employee

Hi Thomas,

thank you, we will investigate it and answer you during ~1-2 weeks.

Pavel

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Thomas,

the fix of this issue available in IPP v.2020 which has been released a few weeks ago. Could you try to check how this function works on your side and let us know the result! 

Thanks, Gennady

0 Kudos