Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Usage of the Hough Transform

yhyatt
Beginner

Hello,

The ippi hough transform performs for each pixel in the binaric image (as much as I know) an accumulation for all the lines that correspond to that pixel.

The purpose of the algorithm is to help analzye the (edge) image by detecting line primitives. The detection is not definite of course, and for each linethe accumulation matrix defines the number of pixels corresponding to that line, or in other words the lines' strength.

If analysis of several lines isdesired, aspart of the features extraction for each line that should includethe number of pixels corresponding to that line, than it is neccesary to calculate this value outside of the hough function or to run the hough function with several thresholds, allthough the desired value has allready been calculated.

My question is - is there anyway to get the integer calculated in the accumulator function back from the hough function.

Thank you,

Yonatan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
yhyatt
Beginner

I didnt get any response to this thread although two weeks have passed.

I noticed that I entered a wromg email address, so maybethats the reason I didnt get the reply of the IPP experts or others. If thats the case I ask you to please resend the response.

Thank you,

Yonatan

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Yonatan,

we d ont have such functionality in the current version of IPP. I would recommend you to submit this feature request through Intel Premier Support, so we can consider at the next version planning stage.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos