Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Video frame resizing from QCIF to CIF

myotun
Beginner
Does any body know how sample codes of IPP work for resizing the video frame (H.264 transcoding from QCIF to CIF) ? I would appreciate if you could give me the pointer for any documentation related to this.

Thanks,

MT
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Tamer_Assad
Innovator
Hi Mt,

ippiman.chm is probabily the reference you need; Check the Image Geometry Transforms section, in case you want to resize an image

Or you may search the ippiman.chm for (upsample) if this is what you need to do.

Regards,
Tamer Assad

I was trying (mistakingly)to mux MP2 video stream into .mp4 file using the UMC:: MP4Muxer.

Multiplexing an MPEG4 encoded video with UMC:: MP4Muxer reulted in a prety playable .mp4 file (thanks to IPP guys).

Regarding the muxin function call sequence, PutData() encapsulates the necessary calls the Lock/UnlocBuffer functions, it works as expected.

I still have the question about the MP4 version, why v1?

Best regards,

Tamer Assad

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tamer_Assad
Innovator
Hi Mt,

ippiman.chm is probabily the reference you need; Check the Image Geometry Transforms section, in case you want to resize an image

Or you may search the ippiman.chm for (upsample) if this is what you need to do.

Regards,
Tamer Assad

I was trying (mistakingly)to mux MP2 video stream into .mp4 file using the UMC:: MP4Muxer.

Multiplexing an MPEG4 encoded video with UMC:: MP4Muxer reulted in a prety playable .mp4 file (thanks to IPP guys).

Regarding the muxin function call sequence, PutData() encapsulates the necessary calls the Lock/UnlocBuffer functions, it works as expected.

I still have the question about the MP4 version, why v1?

Best regards,

Tamer Assad

0 Kudos
myotun
Beginner
Thanks Tamer,

I found that IPP H.264 encoder uses ippiResize_8u_C1R() function for resizing the video frames. The usage of this function well documented under ippiman.pdf.

Thanks again for your info.

Regards,

MT
0 Kudos