Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Videosniffer with IPP

ligoban
Beginner
I want to create an application that will be reading everything that is shown at the monitor of a computer in the real-time mode to store this data. I wonder if IPP could be useful for me in this application. Also it is interesting to hear someone who did such a thing.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ligoban
Beginner
Does anybody have any idea?
0 Kudos
ligoban
Beginner

Dear All!

Please, could someone tell just a word about my question?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
ligoban
Beginner
It looks likeeveryone is on vacation - the forum is completelysilent :(
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi ligoban:)

I'm sorry, friends, I was too busy with work. Remember, I also manage team of developers, working on IPP image and some media codecs! Yes, I plan to have vacation something at end of June and first half of July but there definetely will be someone to backup me on the forum, so you always will have a chance to ask and to get answers from our experts.

re your question, as far as I understand that, it is mostly question about IPP encoders performance. Of course, it depends on many factors, for example if you want to compress screen content losslessly it will take more time in comparison with lossy compression. Lossy compression is depned on how much losses is acceptable, do you want to use threading on multi-core system and so on.

The simpliest answer is - do not wait for our estimation, go ahead, try the performance of IPP media codecs, because only you can take into account all specific of your application.

Sometime ago I shared on this forum sources of simple Windows based screen capture application, which captures screen and store it to JPEG file, you may use it as a start point.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos