Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

WTFwdFree is deprecated

Thomas_Gloe
Beginner

Hello,

According to the IPP Manual (version 7.1) functions: ippiWTFwdFree_32f_C1R  and ippiWTFwdFree_32f_C3R are marked deprecated. More specifically the manual says: "This function is obsolete and will be removed in a future release. Use new Resize API instead of this one. Use the following link for details: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-ipp-71-deprecated-features/ ". However, I cannot find any information about the "new Resize API" and the functions corresponding to WTFwdInitAlloc are not marked deprecated. Could you give me a hint, how IppiWTFwdSpec_32f structures should be deallocated without using ippiWTFwdFree_32f_C1R?

Note, the example on page 886 still uses function ippiWTFwdFree_32f_C1R to free memory.

Best regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Something is wrong with the deprecation message because it is Not clear for me how these memory deallocation functions of Forward Wavelet Transofrm context structure are related to '...new Resize API...'?
0 Kudos
Thomas_Gloe
Beginner

The manual refers to the "new Resize API". The compiler message is simply "warning: ‘ippiWTFwdFree_32f_C1R’ is deprecated (declared at /opt/intel/ipp/include/ippi.h:4992)"

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Take a look at software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-ipp-71-deprecated-features for more technical details.
0 Kudos
Thomas_Gloe
Beginner

Hm, this is the link of my initial forum post. Actually, the sub-website http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/functions-deprecated-in-ipp-71/ is pretty useless. Functions ippiWTFwdFree_* and ippiWTInvFree_* are marked as obsolete, but no replacement is given ...

Maybe, I missed something? 

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Maybe, I missed something? All memory management in future versions of IPP needs to be done outside of IPP. That is, a developer will be responsible for memory allocation and de-allocation for IPP functions if required.
0 Kudos