Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

What happened to the custom library tool?

Mikhail_K_
Beginner

It has been replaced by some python scripts and there is no way to start the gui app...

What am I missing?

Windows version 2019, Update 4

IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2019\windows\ipp\tools

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Achtzehnter__Joachim

Run "python3 main.py"

This will start a GUI, unless you use the -c command line flag. You need to use Python version 3, which may be called simply python on your system, depending on how Python was installed. You also may need to install some extra Python packages, it will tell you if they are missing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Achtzehnter__Joachim

Run "python3 main.py"

This will start a GUI, unless you use the -c command line flag. You need to use Python version 3, which may be called simply python on your system, depending on how Python was installed. You also may need to install some extra Python packages, it will tell you if they are missing.

0 Kudos
Mikhail_K_
Beginner

Kind of figured it out, but can't get it to work 100%:

1. I'm trying to isolate signal processing functions into a dll. In the old tool you could mark all functions within a category and move them over like so:
https://i.imgur.com/E2ikkJO.png

The python gui does not allow that. Need to move one line at a time.

2. The old version had a set of functions for Core Domain (shown in the picture above). The new one doesn't. Why? 

3. So, ended up trying to do it from console:

python main.py -c -mt -ff “C:\somedir\functions.txt” -n ipps -cnl "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2019.4.245" -p "C:\somedir\" -ia32 -intel64 -ts Windows

Intel IPP Custom Library Tool console version is on...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 130, in <module>
    threading_layer_type)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2019.4.245\windows\ipp\tools\custom_library_tool_python\tool\core.py", line 62, in generate_script
    sub_command=sub_command))
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2019.4.245\windows\ipp\tools\custom_library_tool_python\tool\generators.py", line 61, in generate_windows_for_windows
    multi_threaded)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2019.4.245\windows\ipp\tools\custom_library_tool_python\tool\generators.py", line 444, in get_libraries_list
    return list_to_arguments(libraries_list, host_system)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2019.4.245\windows\ipp\tools\custom_library_tool_python\tool\generators.py", line 419, in list_to_arguments
    for library in libraries_list
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2019.4.245\windows\ipp\tools\custom_library_tool_python\tool\generators.py", line 423, in <listcomp>
    os.environ['IPPROOT']),
  File "C:\Users\hello\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\os.py", line 678, in __getitem__
    raise KeyError(key) from None
KeyError: 'IPPROOT'

The installer does not set IPPROOT?

Edit. It works if I use one of the two flags at a time (-ia32 -intel64). Initially I followed this example: https://software.intel.com/en-us/ipp-dev-guide-using-console-version-of-custom-library-tool

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

>>The installer does not set IPPROOT?

<< installer doesn't set IPPROOT, Please use the command shell ../bin/ippvars.bat to set this env. variable.

0 Kudos
Ekaterina_S_Intel

>>  It works if I use one of the two flags at a time (-ia32 -intel64).

<< It work for: Windows 10, python 3.7, IPP 2019 update4.
Can you provide the error message and specify what version of python are you using?

0 Kudos
Mikhail_K_
Beginner

It works fine, it's just the first time I followed your example literaly:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/ipp-dev-guide-using-console-version-of-custom-library-tool

You cannot use both -ia32 -intel64 at the same time.

0 Kudos