Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

What is the dll used for G729 decoder in Intel 7.0 version

Manjula_Reddy
Beginner
What is the dll used for G729 decoder in Intel 7.0 version?

Iam using some functions like apiG729FPDecoder_Init() ,apiG729FPDecode() and apiG729FPDecoder_Alloc.
Earlier i was using IPP libraries of 5.1 version. Now I want to move to IPP libraries of 7.0 version.
Please let me know how can i use those functions in 7.0 version. I mean which dlls or libs should I use.
I could not find ippsr.dll, ippsrpx.dll, ippscpx.dll and ippspx.dll in 7.0 version. What got changed cfrom 5.1 version to 7.0 version.

Let me know the difference and what dlls to use for G729 decoder functionality and what is the replacement for the above dlls in 7.0 version.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Manjula,

I hope you are using (planning to use) Intel Composer XE. Intel IPP is available with this package, also available as standalone.

IPP dlls are in the below mentioned directory, also you can refer to IPP user guide

\ComposerXE-2011\redist\ia32\ipp

There are some changes in the linking library starts from 7.0 releases. We have documented din the Knowledge Base. - http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/selecting-the-intelr-ipp-libraries-needed-by-your-application/

Regards,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos
Manjula_Reddy
Beginner
Hi Naveen,

I am using owng729fp.c in my application. This file includes #include "ippsr.h". But I am not able to find this header file and its related ippsr.lib and ippsr-7.0.dll in the ComposerXE-2011 folder. And none of the functions of ippsr.h are found in any other files.
So where can I find this header file or its equivalent file in 7.0 version. For Ex I searched for ippsSignChangeRate_32f() which is not found in any dll in 7.0 version. I used dependency walker to scan the dlls for this function.

Please let me know the details. Can I get any pdf documentation for all dlls and libs present in V7.0.

Thanks,
Manjula Reddy
0 Kudos
Manjula_Reddy
Beginner
Hi Naveen,

ippsr.dll is used for speech recognition. In owng729fp.c file has "VoiceActivityDetect_G729_32f" function in wich "ippsSignChangeRate_32f()" is called.

I read in some thread that V7.0 is not supporting "Speech Recognition domain". If that is so,
Please let me know where i can find the "ippsSignChangeRate_32f()" defined in V7.0.

~Manjula Reddy
0 Kudos
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Manjula,

If you are looking into speech recognition functions, these functions arenot part of IPP 7.0 release; this domain(IPPSR) will continue to be supported in the IPP 6.1 product.

Then, you have to use earlier version of IPP. If you have valid product license, then you can get earlier version from registrationcentre.intel.com.

regards,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,

I do not think that ippsSignChangeRate_32f function is used in IPP 7.0 samples. Could you please specify file where it is called from?

Please also ensure you usingIPP samples from IPP 7.0 release and not old one with new libraries.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos