Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

YCbCr 4:2:2 to RGB 24

vikingsooner
Beginner

I am converting an image stream that is in the YCbCr 4:2:2 format to RGB24 by using the ippiYCbCr422toBGR_8u_C2C3R function. The issue I am having is when displaying the RGB24 conversion, every once in a while, the image will be brighter than what it should be. Is this because the conversion is not 100%?

- Matt

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Quoting - vikingsooner

I am converting an image stream that is in the YCbCr 4:2:2 format to RGB24 by using the ippiYCbCr422toBGR_8u_C2C3R function. The issue I am having is when displaying the RGB24 conversion, every once in a while, the image will be brighter than what it should be. Is this because the conversion is not 100%?

- Matt

The reason might be that this function follow to video processing convention where sample range header and footer are saturated to particular level (0..16 is zero and 245..255 is 255). You may try function from IPP JPEG library which do not have such saturation ippiYCbCr422ToRGB_JPEG_8u_C2C3R (note, we do not have BGR variant of this function)

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
vikingsooner
Beginner

I tried using the ippiYCbCr422ToRBG_JPEG_8u_C2C3R function and its conversion is a lot more taxing on my system than the previous one.

- Matt
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
When you say more taxing what do you mean?

Vladimir
0 Kudos
turks
Beginner
Quoting - vikingsooner

- Matt

Is there a way to to use CMYK data using IPP ? Is there a way to encode/decode CMYK data as JPEG2000 ?
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

IPP JPEG codec support RGB to CMYK conversion. For JPEG2000you currently have to do this outside of codec

Vladimir
0 Kudos