Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

application crash during windows update

Ruud_R_
Beginner

Our C++ application runs on Windows 7 using tPP 7.0.3.175

During the installation of a WIndows update, the application often crashes. It seems to be crashing in a call to or when calling an IPP function.

This happens only during Windows updates. Is anyone familiar with this problem? And are there solutions?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...It seems to be crashing in a call to or when calling an IPP function... There are a couple of thousands of IPP functions in the IPP library. Could you be more specific? >>...This happens only during Windows updates. Is anyone familiar with this problem? And are there solutions?.. More technical details are needed.
0 Kudos
Ruud_R_
Beginner
It was some ZigZag function, but I don't think the specific function matters. Someone said it might have to do with Windows Update pushing the IPP dlls out or having to leave kernel mode or something like that, Does any of this make any sense?
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
>.>It was some ZigZag function, but I don't think the specific function matters. Someone said it might have to do with Windows Update pushing the IPP dlls out or having to leave kernel mode or something like that, Does any of this make any sense?>>> Post the stack trace of the faulting process.
0 Kudos
Ruud_R_
Beginner
The stack was corrupt. It only showed the xxZigZagxxx method and ???????. Did I mention it was compiled in an mingw32 environment?
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
>>>The stack was corrupt. It only showed the xxZigZagxxx method and ???????.>>> How the process dump file was generated?Didy you open it with the help of windbg?
0 Kudos
Ruud_R_
Beginner
It was a strack trace in QCreator/ running gdb.exe
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
Are you using wine ?
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Someone said it might have to do with Windows Update pushing the IPP dlls out or having to leave kernel mode or >>something like that, Does any of this make any sense? No. You need to provide more technical details: - IPP version - exact function name - Windows OS and SP - a KBnnnnnn code for a Windows update when a crash of the IPP application happens - a C/C++ test-case
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
>>>It was a strack trace in QCreator/ running gdb.exe>>> Do you use some Linux wrapper for Windows?
0 Kudos