Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

building a shared lib using ipp static?

alienpenguin
Beginner
Hi all, is it possible to create a shared lib that links statically with IPP 7.0?
i get the following error message: /usr/bin/ld: deps/lib/linux-ipp/libipps.a(ipps00423as.o):
relocation R_386_GOTOFF against undefined symbol `ippJumpIndexForMergedLibs' can not be used when making a shared object
Am i making a mistake or is it impossible?
thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mark_Rubelmann
Beginner
Building a shared library with static IPP is definitely possible. That's how we use it as well. I don't think I can be of any help on the error itself though. You might do well to post some example code.

-Mark
0 Kudos
alienpenguin
Beginner
Hi Mark, unfortunately i have no idea on how to provide more feedback, my build script (that works when i link to with shared libs) fails with the error i posted earlier.

the libraries i am linking are:
libippcore.a libipps.a libippsc.a libimf.a libsvml.a libirc.a libiomp5.a (i tried also with libiomp5.so since i read in the release notes that is deprecated)
as i said when linking against the .so counterparts, the build goes just fine. All Ipp functions are called from the USC libspeech.a that i compiled from ipp-samples.

any ideas?

thanks
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Did you check the sample code that illustrates how to make a custom shared library? See this link:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-integrated-performance-primitives-samples-license-agreement/

I'm not clear I understand what you mean by a "shared lib that links statically" -- Do you mean you want to create a shared library that will link statically with your application? (not really possible) Or do you just want to make a shared library from the static IPP libraries? (see the sample) I'm not clear on your objective...

Paul
0 Kudos