Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

building problem about ipp sample for PCA

walkdeath
Beginner
Hi,
I'm woking on the PXA 270 board.
I've downloaded the ipp sample for PCA and installed the ipp5.0 for PCA.
But when I build the mpeg4_encoder sample application, error occur as follows
/Liod/arm-linux/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-linux/3.3.2/../../../../arm-linux/bin/ld: ERROR: ./build/obj/mp4dblck.o uses FPA instructions, whereas build/bin/mpeg4dec does not
File format not recognized: failed to merge target specific data of file ./build/obj/mp4dblck.o
I use the GNU/arm-linux toolchain instead of the MontaVista toolchain to build this application.
Is there something wrong with the toolchain?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

yes, according release notes, IPP v5.0 for PCA on Linux supports only Montavista tool chain.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
walkdeath
Beginner
Hi,

CFLAGS=-O3 -Wall -mcpu=xscale -mtune=xscale -msoft-float -fPIC
CXXFLAGS=-O3 -Wall -mcpu=xscale -mtune=xscale -msoft-float -fPIC
These are the GNU build option in the makefile of the ipp sample. I omitted the -msoft-float option and build again. It could be built successfully. But still need to verify that the sample work work well on the board.
What are these flags used for? Do they play an importang role? And could they be omitted?
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

According IPP release notes we support only Montavista toolchain. It means we did not build or test or supportlibraries with other toolchains.

Vladimir

0 Kudos