Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

cmake error for ipp-sample.7.1.1.013

rudy_B_
Beginner

Hi, 

I followed exactly how to setup the Main Samples. (w_ipp-samples_p_7.1.1.013)

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/code-samples-for-intel-integrated-performance-primitives-intel-ipp-library-71

I installed perl and cmake properly, as instruced.

And, when I typed  "perl builder.pl", I got the follwoing, which is all okay so far:

Usage: perl build.pl --cmake=SAMPLE,ARCH,GENERATOR,LINKAGE,THREADING,CONFIG [--clean] [--build] [--msdk] [--comp=native/intel]
Required variants:
SAMPLE | ARCH | GENERATOR | LINKAGE | THREADING | CONFIG
advanced-usage | | | | |
audio-video-codecs | | | | |
computer-vision | | vc2012 | | |
data-compression | | vc2010 | | |
image-codecs | | vc2008 | | |
image-processing | ia32 | nmake | s =static | st =single | debug
language-interface | intel64 | make | d =dynamic | mt =multi | release
signal-processing | | eclipse | | |
speech-codecs | | xcode | | |
string-processing | | | | |
uic | | | | |

Optional flags:

--clean - clean build directory before projects generation / build
--build - try to build projects before generation
--comp - try to use custom compiler, native(=gcc/cl.exe) or intel(=icc/icl.exe). Need to call environment!

Examples:

perl build.pl --cmake=audio-video-codecs,ia32,vc2010,s,st,release [ only generate projects ]
perl build.pl --cmake=uic,intel64,make,s,mt,debug --build [ generate and then build ]
perl build.pl --cmake=uic,intel64,make,d,mt,debug --build --clean [ generate, clean and build ]

But, when I tried to generate any of the projects, it keeps failing. And, no matter what <SAMPLE> I try, it fails.

for example, when I tried to build with UIC (just like below), I keep getting the following error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\ipp\ipp-samples.7.1.1.013\builder>perl build.pl --cmake=uic,intel64,vc2010,d,mt,debug

Not searching for unused variables given on the command line.
CMake Error: The source directory "C:/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Composer XE 2013/ipp/ipp-samples.7.1.1.013/__cmake/uic.intel64.vc2
010.d.mt/2013/ipp/ipp-samples.7.1.1.013/sources/uic" does not exist.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

I am not sure why it is looking for such directory. I am not sure, but somehow it looks for a directly that doesn't exist.

Any idea what is going on? 

Many thanks in advance, 

--Rudy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

in that case: do you see really the UIC sample installed on your system?

0 Kudos
rudy_B_
Beginner

It is not just UIC. I get the same error message with other samples too (e.g audio-video-codecs, ...). 

I have a feeling something is not right with Cmake? Do i need anything else too run the Cmake? (e.g. maybe "make", or something else?)

0 Kudos
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I think, you need to move the samples out of "Program Files". First, because if it's Windows 7, writing to "Program Files" requires elevated permissions. Second, build script fails on directories with spaces in the name. We must have fixed this, but I don't remember if this fix was released or not. So, better not to experiment. Move the samples directory to plain "C:\work" or so.

Regards,
Sergey 

0 Kudos
rudy_B_
Beginner

Thanks,

that solved it....

cmake didn't like directories with spaces....

--Rudy

0 Kudos