Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

compile ipp-samples on windows with debug info

Francesco_Lamonica
Hello,
is there a way to compile a "debug" version of ipp-samples (libspeech most notably) with debug symbols with VS2008 (and 2010)?
if i compile the samples with build_ia32.bat cl9 i get only a "release" version
thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee
Hi Francesco,

Try to modify "Makefile" for the project(s). There should be line "CFLAGS = ...". Find "/O2" in this line and change it to "/Od /Zi", or to "/O2 /Zi" if you need to keep optimization and add debug information to optimized code.
Then, add "/DEBUG" to "LINK_CMD" line. Rebuild the sample with "build_ia32.bat cl9" command.
You should get debug-ability finally.

Regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos
Francesco_Lamonica
Hi Sergey,
thanks for your answer, now i have a .lib with debugging info, however it did not create any vc90.pdb file (that is usually created when compiling in "debug" from VS) is that, somehow, included in the .lib?
thanks
0 Kudos
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee
VC90.pdb? I used to think, that it must be .pdb, where debug information is stored. I've done the following (speech samples make file from some of 7.0 samples):
Makefile:line 64: CFLAGS = /W4 /Od /Zi $(M_FLAG) /EHsc /GS /c
Makefile:line 152:LINK_CMD = $(LINK32) $(LINK_MOD) $(SYBSYSTEM_MODE) $(ADD_LINK_OPT) /DEBUG /nodefaultlib:"libcmt.lib" \
As a result I've got 5 exe files + 5 corresponding pdb files in samples' output _bin directory. I believe that's what we need for debugging. VS debugger works on that executables.
Regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos