Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6712 Discussions

cryptography download registration email not received

levicki
Valued Contributor I
Dear Intel,

1. Registration form for IPP cryptography is poorly designed -- it does not provide adequate visual feedback that it has been submitted correctly (at least not in Firefox browser).

2. I did not receive the confirmation email.

3. Country "Yugoslavia" does not exist for almost 20 years.

4. Country "Serbia" is missing.

5. Why is this registration requiring us to enter our data again when we are already logged in? Can't it pull the data from our account?

Regarding #3 and #4, this is not the only registration form on your website which has to be corrected -- your web developers should be fired for not updating the country list for so long, let alone for non-working and poorly designed registration.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Hello Igor,

Thank you for pointing out the incorrect listing of countries presented when you register for access to the cryptography library add-on. I've filed a bug request to update our list of countries on those forms.

Can you provide more details regarding the type of feedback you expect to see when you fill out the form? My experience is that once you submit the form you will first see a small spinning logo indicating that the form is being submitted and then you are presented either with a new page showing the crypto files to be downloaded or, in the case where the registration must be manually checked, a page indicating that you will "receive a response within two business days" (see screenshot below). If you are not approved automatically there is a manual approval process that takes place. If you did not see either of the "new pages" it is possible theform simply failed to submit. In that case, please try again,perhaps with another browser (I just tested with IE and Chrome and both worked, but I have not tried FireFox).

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I
Hello Paul,

You are right, I did not get any of those two pages. I just saw a spinner briefly and nothing changed afterwards.

That is the reason I said it is poorly designed -- I did not have any clue that it failed to submit (no messages such as 500 internal server error or gateway timeout or any of the usual www error stuff). I think that failing silently is not what any software (web included) should do. I also did not know what I should expect to see when the submit is successfull.

Furthermore, spinner embedded in the form is not very obvious -- I would suggest that it is done with full screen overlay so that the change of state is more obvious. People usually do not keep staring at the form after they click submit because they expect whole screen to change.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Hello Igor,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll forward a link to this thread to the folks that manage the web site.

Regards,

Paul
0 Kudos