Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

does ippiFilterGaussianBorder_<mod> also reflect the sigmaY parameter as openCV

chunrong_intel
Employee

The function of ippiFilterGaussianBorder_<mod> seems only receive 1 sigma parameter.

IPPAPI(IppStatus, ippiFilterGaussianBorder_8u_C1R,(const Ipp8u* pSrc, int srcStep,
Ipp8u* pDst, int dstStep, IppiSize roiSize, Ipp8u borderValue,
IppFilterGaussianSpec* pSpec, Ipp8u* pBuffer))

IPPAPI(IppStatus, ippiFilterGaussianInit,(IppiSize roiSize, Ipp32u kernelSize, Ipp32f sigma,
IppiBorderType borderType, IppDataType dataType, int numChannels,
IppFilterGaussianSpec* pSpec, Ipp8u* pBuffer))

while the OPENCV definition provide/accept 2, as sigmaX and sigmaY.

CV_EXPORTS_W void GaussianBlur( InputArray src, OutputArray dst, Size ksize,
double sigmaX, double sigmaY = 0,
int borderType = BORDER_DEFAULT );

I just want to know if it makes the IPP generate different GaussianBlur results as OpenCV, especially when different sigmaY are given? If so how much could be the difference.

Also does IPP has plan to support sigmaY as well?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ruqiu_C_Intel

Thank you for reaching us. This issue is closing and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. We are working on your issue. Could you please share us a sample reproducer with respective to IPP and OpenCV so that we could investigate your issue.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
chunrong_intel
Employee

I thought that is obvious.

Anyway attached are my tests. I invoked IPP to process a sample image with sigmaX=0.56.

If I invoke OpenCV with sigmaY=0.56 as well, I can get almost identical result. While if the sigmaY changes to 0.36 or 0.76, the results become totally different. It seems that we just can NOT set sigmaY in IPP.

0 Kudos
Ruqiu_C_Intel

Hi,

ippiFilterGaussianBorder_<mod> APIs only support 1 sigma input. While users can call IPP separable filters to cater 2 sigma inputs. For more details, please check the IPP documents here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/ipp-dev-reference/top/volume-2-image-processing/filtering-functions-2/separable-filters/filterseparable.html

Regards,

Ruqiu

0 Kudos
Ruqiu_C_Intel

Thank you for reaching us. This issue is closing and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only. 

0 Kudos