Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

ec sample does not cancel acoustic echo

dshenoy
Beginner

I have spent a lot of time tweaking different parameters. But I cannot seem to get rid of acoustic echo in my test vector. I am attaching a a sample rin and sin files.

The loudest male voice is the only voice that should be heard. Everything else is an echo.

Can somebody please help.?

They are in raw-16khz-mono format.

Thanks

Deepak

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ivan_Ryzhachkin__Int
New Contributor I

Hello Deepak,

Really hard to define an exact delay value using the files. Easy to do when some clear(knock for ex.) sound appearsat the beginning. Nevertheless the best result I've got (uponthe files) is when delay is 0 or 59 and tail length 16.

Suggestions:

-keeping rin-sin > 6dB.

- May be better to roze rin to have less distortions.

- Interruptions (in background noise for ex.) may give bad to AEC performance as well, forcing to bigger changes inadaptation filter coefficients.

Ivan (video/speech coding)

0 Kudos
dshenoy
Beginner

Hi Ivan,

Can you please explain what do you mean my roze rin to have less distortions. How do you suggest I achieve that..?

0 Kudos
Ivan_Ryzhachkin__Int
New Contributor I

Hi,

I mean rin magnitude amplification. I'm not sure if it will help.It may depend on the device (material). Automatic level control (ALC==AGC) usuallyused on the render side to prevent too big rin magnitude (and corresponding device vibration (led to (distorted) echo penetration via corpus). IPP provides ALC primitives.

Ivan

0 Kudos