Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

h264 video tearing

fjfeijoo
Beginner
We are decoding a stream comming from an IP camera. The video is 25fps and 1920x1080 (6000Kbps). We can decode and display the video correctly but sometimes the video shows tearing (see image attached). The tearing also seems to be directly related to the complexity of the image.

Currently we useIPP 6.0.2.074 but tests with IPP7.0.3.050 shows the same problem.
What could be the cause of video tearing?
(Send data to the decoder too fast/slow? Memory corruption between decode/draw?)
Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
It looks like bit-errors in encoded bitstream from camera. Could you please send us problem stream for deep analysis?

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,

I tried to combile all data for each frame into one file, and it could not be decoded.

What is the format of the video stream? Do you have any raw H.264 file to have a test?

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel
Hello,
thanks for the stream. It looks the bit stream contains some error bit stream.
when I played it with FFMPEG, I also saw the following error report:
>ffmpeg.exe -i raw_stream.h264 out.yuv
[h264 @ 0107BC10]number of reference frames exceeds max (probably corrupt input)
, discarding one
[h264 @ 0107BC10]number of reference frames exceeds max (probably corrupt input)
, discarding one
, discarding one
, discarding one
, discarding one
, discarding one
, discarding one
, discarding one
^Came= 215 fps= 8 q=0.0 size= 653062kB time=8.60 bitrate=622080.0kbits/s
Thanks,
Chao
0 Kudos
fjfeijoo
Beginner
Hello Chao,
thanks for the response.
I have been doing tests with different cameras and h264 streams but all of them show errors when using ffmpeg and ffplay. So, are all of them wrong? VLC (using avcodec internally) is able to reproduce all this streams without problems showing smooth video.
To avoid errors in my side I have also used ffplay directly using an rtsp input with same results:
c:\test>ffplay.exe -i rtsp://192.168.1.33/ch0_unicast_firststream -loglevel debug
Is there a similar tool like ffmpeg/ffplay using intel codecs?
Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos