Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

ijl15.dll read 1 error

Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am trying to troubleshoot a problem and don't know where to start really.

We have an axis camera that we use ijl15.dll to get mjpg video stream from.

The camera has been updated recently and since then the video stream has failed, the only information I can get is 'failed ijl Read 1', does anyone know what this means. The camera assumes the client has connected fine, but they haven't.

Does anyone know what this means, I have no experience of working with ijl15.dll so any pointers, help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

How do know what file formats and configuration it supports, can I build my own dll?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

The Intel JPEG Library (IJL) was end of lifed several years ago. We do not redistribute or support this product anymore. Instead of that we developed new product, Intel Integrated Performance Primitives (IPP) and provide set of high-level code including JPEG codec as sample of IPP usage. You can use integrate these sample code into your application or you can use this code as a reference on how to build JPEG or other media codec on top of IPP libraries.

Please download IPP sample package to see several IPP JPEG codec implementations. We do have:

1. modified IJG (libjpeg) library, which internally call IPP functions to get advantage from modern processors capabilities

2. IJL library, which internally call IPP functions

3. IPP JPEG codec, which is C++ implemenation of JPEG codec with IPP functions.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
Philip_M_
Beginner
Can you clarify your first sentence with point (2)? In the first sentence you say that IJL was end of lifed several years ago. But in (2) you mention the IJL library [in the IPP sample package].

With the first sentence do you mean the separate IJL library that predated IPP while with point (2) you mean the IPP port of the IJL library that is not included in the IPP samples? If so, then am I safe to assume that within the IPP samples, the performance of the IJL library is rougly equivalent to the JPEG codec referenced in point (3)?

Thanks,
Phil
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Phil,

I mean there was a standalone product Intel JPEG Library, several years ago. The latest version of that product was IJL 1.51.

Now, we provide within IPP source code sample, how to build library with API roughly equivalent to that previous product but implemented with IPP. This sample is available in source code.

Performance of IPP JPEG codec (point 3) is better than IJL sample and it also provides additional capability (threading, support for JPEG lossless mode)

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the response.

Does this mean I have to rewrite the complete application to include the new ipp code, or can I create a new dll inplace of the old version?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

If you decide to move to new IPP JPEG codec you'll need to rewrite your code responsible for reading/writing JPEGs not a whole application.

Alternatively you may choose to build IJL library from IPP sample, in that case your modification will be minimal

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
lilvietdude1
Beginner
3 questions (1) what is an ijl15.dll (2) how do you fix/reinstall it & (3) where is it located thank you for your time P.S: im new at this stuff
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
If you do not know what is IJL DLL, I think you do not need to re install it.
0 Kudos