Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

image : advice for top quality multilevel zooming ?

Paul_G_Intel
Employee
hello,

I am trying to zoom interactively a large image, but i have to keep a very good quality over multiple levels of zoom.
I wouldn't want to see different artifacts on different zoom levels.
And regarding the quality of the zoom, i would like to have a zoom as neutral as possible. It's a very fine and "foggy" type of image.

What advices would you give regarding IPP usage for this kind of problem ?

thanks, paul.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi Paul,

I'm afraid I did not get your question completely. We would recommend you to use ippiResizeSqrPixel function as one which try to avoid resize artifacts.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
Paul_G_Intel
Employee
Quoting - Vladimir Dudnik
Hi Paul,

I'm afraid I did not get your question completely. We would recommend you to use ippiResizeSqrPixel function as one which try to avoid resize artifacts.

Regards,
Vladimir

hi vladimir

i was referring to the interpolation method first, each method will produce different artifacts and i was wondering what method was the best for me. Because i want to display consecutive levels of zoom, i was hoping to select a method creating "regular artifacts".
I still have problems finding details about the methods CUBIC2P_BSPLINE, _CATMULLROM and _B05C03 in the doc ...

And the second thing was the way to chain a crop and resize to do a zoom, multiple times ... do we have something smarter to do that ?

thanks, paul
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Paul,

according our expert lanczos interpolation is the best for zooming and supersampling is the best for decimating.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos