Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

ippCoreGetCpuClocks()on PXA 270

pdaman
Beginner
Hi,

I trying out the Eval version of the IPP for wmmx (PXA 270). I can not find the Core functions for example the ippCoreGetCpuClocks().

Do they exist? If yes please tell me how I can include them in my project.

Thank you in advance
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
unfortunately IPP for PCA does not contain this function. You can download IPP v5.0 beta for IXP4xx processors, where such function implemented in ippcore library. Please visit http://www.intel.com/software/products/ipp/beta/
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
pdaman
Beginner
Hi,
thanks for your quick answer. Can I download the IXP4xx 5.0 Beta and use it with my PXA 270 Application? If not is there any other way to achieve clock measurement on the PXA 270.

Thanks again for the quick help
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Yes, you can use IPP for IXP 4xx on PCA270, but important notice there that IPP for IXP 4xx does not contain WMMX optimization because IXP processors do not have WMMX instruction set.
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
pdaman
Beginner
Hi,

yes that works. I just linked the miscSP_WMMX50BPPC.lib to my program and included the ippcore.h file.

But now we have a new problem.
After evaluating the IPP vector functions we made the following observation. We compared the function

long src[324],dest[324];

ippsMul_32s( src, src, dest, 324);

to the equivalent c code

for(i=0;i<324;i++)
dest=src*src;

In EVC++ with debug enabled the IPP function is faster, but in the release version with optimizations enabled the standard c code is faster. Can you agree with these results. Why is WMMX not helping in the release version. Is optimized C code better than IPP on the PXA 270 or is there a difference in the C code and the ippsMul_32s functions.

CPU PXA272 416MHZ
IPP 5.0 Beta (similar results with 4.1)
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
one of possible reasons can be not enough optmization in this particular function. It is better to submit this issue to premier.intel.com, where we can analize and track progress in this issue.
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
junaidfcs
Beginner
Well Now i come to know ipp5.3 for IXP4xx do not support functions I m looking for.
I want to download ipp5.0 beta for IXP4xx for linux but the link http://www.intel.com/software/products/ipp/beta/ have been updated for ipp 6.0 beta than 5.0. So now how can I download ipp5.0 beta for IXP4xx for linux.

Please help.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

I'm affraid that IPP 5.0 beta (released at June 2005) is no more available. Moreover, starting from IPP 6.0 beta we will no more release IPP for IXP architecture. Instead we add support for new Intel Atom processor.

Vladimir

0 Kudos
junaidfcs
Beginner

oh no but I really need ippCoreGetCpuClocks function etc. ipp 5.1 or 5.2 also do not have these functions???

Can you please tell me some other resouce from where I can download....

please help :(

0 Kudos