Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

ippiCopy_8u_C1C4R

Adriaan_van_Os
New Contributor I

What is ippiCopy_8u_C1C4R supposed to do ? If it is supposed to copy one channel (of a one-channel image) to multiple channels (of a multi-channel image) how is it different from ippiDup_8u_C1C4R ? And in that case, why was ippiDup_8u_C1C4R introduced ?

I noticed by the way that ippiCopy_8u_C1C4R doesn't work (for the supposed purpose) where ippiDup_8u_C1C4R does work.

Regards,

Adriaan van Os

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

HI Adriaan, 
ippiCopy_8u_C1C4R only 
copy data from a one-channel image pSrc to only "one" channel of a multi-channel dst image. It you want to  copy one channel (of a one-channel image) to multiple channels, it needs to use ippiDup functions. 

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Adriaan_van_Os
New Contributor I

Thanks for clarifying this. This is a useful function in itself !

I suggest to change the wording in the manual "Case 5: Copying a one-channel image to a multi-channel image" to "Case 5: Copying a one-channel image to one channel a multi-channel image"

ippiCopy_xx_C1C4R doesn't have a channel parameter, but that doesn't matter much as the channel can be selected through an offset of the pDst parameter.

Regards,

Adriaan van Os

0 Kudos
Igor_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Adriaan,

thank you, will be fixed in the manual.

regards, Igor

0 Kudos
Adriaan_van_Os
New Contributor I

Also I suggest to add ippiDup_16u_C1C4R and ippiDup_32f_C1C4R.

Regards,

Adriaan van Os

0 Kudos