Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

ippsMul_32f32fc changes input array

YNNL
Beginner

Hi all,

I found something unexpected using the ippsMul_32f32fc function. Its description says that it multiplies the elements of two source arrays and stores the result in a destination array. Checking my two source arrays after the operation, I see that the second source array values have been changed. Even though this is perfectly possible, given the fact that we use a const pointer, but not necessarily const values, I would still expect that this function would not change the source arrays, or at least there should be a warning that it does.

Is this intended and should I just not try to reuse my source array, or is it actually not supposed to happen. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
YNNL
Beginner

Never mind, looks like something fishy in the memory allocation outside this function. Consider this topic closed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
YNNL
Beginner

Never mind, looks like something fishy in the memory allocation outside this function. Consider this topic closed.

0 Kudos