Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

libippcp.a relocation error

giebenrath__hans
Beginner
Good day, I want to link libippcp.a into a shared library and get the following error: /usr/bin/ld: /opt/intel/ippcp/lib/intel64/libippcp.a(pcpbnumulschoolsrvl9.asm.o): relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against symbol `mred8_start' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC Linking with the shared library (libippcp.so) works seamlessly. Since the directory contains the subdirectory "nonpic" which itself contains another libippcp.a, I assumed that the one I use is compiled with -fPIC. Am I doing something wrong here? Taken from: l_ippcp_2019.1.144.tgz Greetings
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pavel_B_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

Thank you, we already detected and fixed the issue. The fix will be available in open source on GitHub https://github.com/intel/ipp-crypto very soon, also the problem will be fixed in next IPP Crypto release.

Pavel

0 Kudos
giebenrath__hans
Beginner

A small update: The 2019 Update 2 release does not fix this issue (and if I'm not mistaken, there was no commit at all in the open source GitHub repository since your comment, hence no fix there either).

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos