Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6711 Discussions

libm with VS2005 and multithreaded dll runtime

alistairmacarthur

nobody seems to know the answer to my last post...but we'll try again with another question:

I am trying to use the intel library "libm" (and its variants) within Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. I can successfully compile and link a simple program using libmmt.lib when linking statically to a multithreaded runtime (/MT compiler switch). However, when attempting to use the /MD switch (so as to use a dynamically linked runtime) I get unresolved symbol errors.I can attempt to patch up these unresolved symbols by adding libc, libcp etc but this introduces multiply defined symbols.

Is there an appropriate version of libm that links to the dynamically linked runtime?

thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Did you try to look in Intel compiler documentation? Please see attached picture from main_cls.chm file

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
alistairmacarthur

Thanks for your reply. I don't have the intel compiler, or the intel compiler documenation. I downloaded the Intel ipp performance library only. The Intel ipp performance library only contains libm.lib andlibmmt.lib.

Do I need to download the intel compiler in order to the libm math functions???

0 Kudos