Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

license expired?

richard_s_2
Beginner

How do I know if my license for IPP is expired?  Also, what will happen when the license expires?  Will IPP run slower?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Richard, IPP will not works slower, I am not sure how to check the expiration date. I will ask our expert to answer on this question.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

by the way - I checked the license based on your email and I found nothing into out internal database.

0 Kudos
Chuck_De_Sylva
Beginner

IPP will not work slower so you are ok. You can learn more about lPP licensing at http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-integrated-performance-primitives-faq.

0 Kudos
richard_s_2
Beginner

Thanks.  In that case, on what architectures will IPP perform better?  I am using a Core i7-2620M but the IPP color space conversion from RGB to NV12 is taking 50% of my cycles... :-(

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

50%? - this is an unexpected result - what version IPP you are using?

0 Kudos
richard_s_2
Beginner

#define IPP_VERSION_STR "7.1.1"

0 Kudos
richard_s_2
Beginner

Also, the specific API call I am using is ippiRGBToYCbCr420_8u_C4P2R()

0 Kudos
Nikolay_L_Intel
Employee

Re the expiration date: please go to https://registrationcenter.intel.com -> My Products, select the product, and you will find when the support is expired for you product. You can manage and renew the product license on this page. It probably will require to enter a serial number for you product.

Best regards, - Nikolay

0 Kudos
richard_s_2
Beginner

Thanks.  Maybe my use of IPP color conversion is slow because I am using the single-threaded static link version.  Is the underlying implementation of color conversion single- or multi-threaded?

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

you can check if this function is threaded or not from Threaded Functions' list  -- see folder "IPP_ROOT"\Documentation\en_US\ipp\ThreadedFunctionsList.txt

0 Kudos