Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Community support and discussions relating to developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

link problem in 64 bits system

fanguts
Beginner

Hello;
I integrated UIC jpeg decorder to my 32 bits application. Now everything is fine. Now I am trying to do it in 64 bits system. I set the C++ directory to C:\Program Files\Intel\IPP\6.1.0.032\em64t\... for dll, include, libs as instruction mentioned. however, when I build my program, error is LNK1104: cannot open file 'ippcore.lib'

I also check it and couldn't find ippcore.lib at C:\Program Files\Intel\IPP\6.1.0.032\em64t\...
so my question is:

In 64 bits system, what Libs should I link to my program except for those UIC_***.lib ?
thank you so much
fanguts

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fanguts
Beginner
Quoting - fanguts

Hello;
I integrated UIC jpeg decorder to my 32 bits application. Now everything is fine. Now I am trying to do it in 64 bits system. I set the C++ directory to C:Program FilesIntelIPP6.1.0.032em64t... for dll, include, libs as instruction mentioned. however, when I build my program, error is LNK1104: cannot open file 'ippcore.lib'

I also check it and couldn't find ippcore.lib at C:Program FilesIntelIPP6.1.0.032em64t...
so my question is:

In 64 bits system, what Libs should I link to my program except for those UIC_***.lib ?
thank you so much
fanguts

ok I mayfound the problem.. should link ipp**em64t.libs in 64 bits
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III
Quoting - fanguts

Hello;
I integrated UIC jpeg decorder to my 32 bits application. Now everything is fine. Now I am trying to do it in 64 bits system. I set the C++ directory to C:Program FilesIntelIPP6.1.0.032em64t... for dll, include, libs as instruction mentioned. however, when I build my program, error is LNK1104: cannot open file 'ippcore.lib'

I also check it and couldn't find ippcore.lib at C:Program FilesIntelIPP6.1.0.032em64t...
so my question is:

thank you so much
fanguts

The 32 and 64 bit IPP libraries have different names. I believe the 64-bit version of ippcore.lib is ippcoreem64tl.lib.
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Yes, you are absolutely correct, for Intel 64 architecture we have 'em64t' postfix in the library names.

Vladimir