Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

linking in IPP, C++, Linux, FedoraCore5, Eclipse, makefile, library path

aarondavid007
Beginner
I'm just beginning to develop C++ apps on Linux with Eclipse 3.3 IDE and IPP.
I can't seem to get out of the starting gate though, as I am unable to link either statically or dynamically.
I have tried running both internal and external builders within eclipse, and using the "make" command
directly. The LIB PATH both in and out of Eclipse is set properly to the right ../ia32/lib/ folder
and i've tried to specify boththe -lippcore.a and the equally not successful: -llibippcore.a
still comes back with: /usr/bin/ld: can't find file "-lippcore.a", etc.
thanks for linking help!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ying_S_Intel
Employee
Quoting - aarondavid007
I'm just beginning to develop C++ apps on Linux with Eclipse 3.3 IDE and IPP.
I can't seem to get out of the starting gate though, as I am unable to link either statically or dynamically.
I have tried running both internal and external builders within eclipse, and using the "make" command
directly. The LIB PATH both in and out of Eclipse is set properly to the right ../ia32/lib/ folder
and i've tried to specify boththe -lippcore.a and the equally not successful: -llibippcore.a
still comes back with: /usr/bin/ld: can't find file "-lippcore.a", etc.
thanks for linking help!

What are your entire linking options? it seemed fine to me to lik -lippcore.a
Can you also check
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-build-ipp-application-in-linux-environment/ for some suggestions on linkage options used for buidling Intel IPP for Linux*?

Thanks,
Ying
0 Kudos