Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

"a.out" received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction. 0x000000000051a8d8 in l9_ippiFilterSobelNegVertBorder_8u16s_C1R () (gdb)

nadaf__salman
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I am using canny edge detection function from intel IPP. Actually I am just using the sample code from documentation. I am reading a 8bit gray scale(.bmp) image and applying canny function to get edges of that particular image and again I am storing that into output image (.bmp).

1]When I am not using any opencv funtion program executes without any error but the output image is just blank(Black) image with same size as that of source image.

2]After adding opencv libraries and using cv::imshow function I am getting SIGILL signal. I have attached code below. I know this is not a standard way of writing code but still just checking the functionality please ignore it.

When I am executing the code with gdb it is showing

"a.out" received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.

0x000000000051a8d8 in l9_ippiFilterSobelNegVertBorder_8u16s_C1R ()
(gdb)

Kindly help me to overcome this problem. In both the cases where I am going wrong please let me know. Thank you.

Regards,

Salman

0 Kudos
1 Reply
nadaf__salman
Beginner

Hi, evryone.

I got the solution for 1st problem.

1] I was skipping the Color table part. ie. I hadn't written color table in output image so it was blank(black). So I did have solved this problem. But not sure about 2nd one why it is giving SIGILL signal.

If someone figure it out ,please let me know. I appreciate any kind of help. Thank you.

0 Kudos