Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Community support and discussions relating to developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

resampling audio 44.1kHz -> 48kHz

inyanga
Beginner

I'm trying to resample 44.1kHz 16 bit stereo to 48kHz 16 bit stereo with Intel IPP.

Since I'm new in IPP world, after a few days of reading tons of documentation, I'm nowhere.

What I have is this:

// imagine that we call this only once somewhere during the 'initialization'.

[bash]Ipp16s * pSourceBuffer = ippsMalloc_16s( 16 * 1024 ); Ipp64f * pTaps = ippsMalloc_64f( 8192 ); // is 8192 too much??? IppStatus result = ippsFIRGenLowpass_64f( 0.2, pTaps, 8192, ippWinHann, ippTrue ); Ipp16s * pDest = ippsMalloc_16s( 2 * samplesToConvert / 3 ); [/bash]

I'm not sure that above lines are 100% correct for my needs.

I tried using ippsFIRMR32s_Direct_16s_Sfs(), but the 'pTaps' parameter should be of 'Ipp32s *' type, and I have 'Ipp64f*'.
There is also an ippsFIRMRInitAlloc64f_32s() function, but I still can't figure out what to do next with the 'IppsFIRState64f_32s *'.

Some pseudo code would help a lot (if possible).

Basically, I'm trying to create a code that will resample incoming buffers. From a PCM file for example. The point is to get fast resampling with high quality.

0 Kudos
0 Replies